Sweet Pea Guacamole
Just found out it is officially “Guacamole Day.” Who knew? So to celebrate I made one of my favorite guacamole recipes. Hope you enjoy this easy sweet pea guacamole recipe as much as I did, and Happy Guacamole Day.
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jalapeno, chopped or red fresno chili (or more if you like it spicy)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Fresh tortillas toasted (toast by heating in a large saute pan until brown and puffy)
- Steam the peas until tender but not mushy. Combine all the ingredients except the fresh tortillas in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Lay a toasted tortilla on a plate. Garnish with sliced avocados and thinly sliced radishes on top with a pinch of salt. Add a small mound of guacamole. I like to eat the tortilla rolled up with a dash of hot sauce.